What's Wrong? Something Terrible.... I Forgot my Lunch!
We can all be super prepared, whether its having lunches prepped on a Sunday night for the whole week or cooking extra dinner or keeping left overs for lunch. Maybe your an amazing food magician and "just" threw together something amazing! But let's be honest, some days we FORGET - which usually manifests itself as that sinking feeling on the way to school and basically all you can think about is how crap your day will be because you wont eat (but you do rationalise that sometimes you might not have eaten until 2 or 3 during the summer, when you slept in...)
So why don't you do your future forgetful self a favour and plan to have a few essentials in school for these very moments.
1. Relish - have a jar of relish in the fridge, it doesn't matter if you beg borrow or steal bread, a sandwich or what, a little bit of relish, toasted, makes whatever you scrounged, a practical feast compared to eating noting!!!
2. Microwave Rice - trust me, you would never eat this on its own EVER, but when you reach 12 o'clock on a day you forgot your lunch, then for some reason, rice with a little (A LOT) of salt, is literally the best lunch you could ever have!
3. Marietta Biscuits and Jam - ooooh need I say more!
4. Brown bread - pop a few slices in the freezer at school, then with a little relish, or even with your rice, this toasted will make your day. And let's be honest, you probably don't bring bread when you prepare your lunch, so you're allowed it when your forget!
5. Almond Butter (if your not a nut free school), and rice cakes...... great with a cup of tea, and if you manage to harass a banana off someone, this is basically banoffee pie!
So, the next time you forget your lunch, it wont be the end of the world, you have that covered.